Add a home page link in Magento 1 default top navigation
When customizing Magento themes, regularly I want to add a home page link on Magento top navigation.
We can easily add this home page link in default navigation by adding a single line of code in our template file.
First we want to find out the template file that render our top navigation. We can find the path of this template file by enabling Template Path Hints on Configuration » Developer » Debug section from admin interface.
Then add below code snippet in that file in the main UL or OL element inside the main nav element.
<!-- ALTERNATIVE HOME BUTTON HACK --> <li class="home"><a href="<?php echo $this->getUrl('')?>"><?php echo $this->__('Home') ?></a></li> <!-- ALTERNATIVE HOME BUTTON HACK -->
Then save the file, refresh the cache and reload page again. We can see our new home page link in Mgento default top navigation.
Do you need any help on Magento 1? I'm happy to help you.
- Get variation product data on selecting variation options - WooCommerce
- Add TinyMCE WYSIWYG (Rich text area) meta box - WordPress
- Reorder product tabs in single product page - WooCommerce
- Download webpage for offline reading - wget
- Remove product tabs in single product page - WooCommerce
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about them, please get in touch.