Add an Add to cart button outside a product page – WooCommerce
If you like to promote a WooCommerce product in our WordPress post or article, display an add to cart button for that product on that post or article is always a good option.
We can use a WooCommerce short code for this purpose.
When a user click on that add to cart button, instead of directing the user to the product page, we can add the product to his cart from the post / article as it reduce an unnecessary step.
Step 1 – Get Product Details
- First login to WordPress dashboard & then navigate to Products.
- In product list, we can see there product ID below each product.
- Note down one of the product ID.
Step 2 – Insert the Add-to-Cart Short code
- Navigate to the post / page / article in which you want to add the cart button and click in the text editor wherever you want to display the add-to-cart button.
In some WordPress version, there is a WooCommerce button in editor. If so, just choose Product Price/cart option. This will make a new short code in our page like below one.
[add_to_cart id="" sku=""]
- Else copy paste above short code in to our page / post.
Step 3 – Fill the blank space
Just insert the ID we taken in Step 1 on this short code.
[add_to_cart id=”218″ sku=”Prod-03″]
Sku is optional, however, id is required one.
Click save and view post / page and we can see a nice little add-to-cart button for our product on that page. When a user click on that add to cart button, then the item is automatically added to his cart without going to product page.
- Remove edit, view, trash and quick edit links within posts list of admin screen - WordPress
- PHP Errors not displaying or not logging - LAMP server - Solved
- Display all hooks sequentialy that run on a page - WordPress
- Get downloadable files of a downloadable product - WooCoomerce
- Add actions based on WooCoomerce order status
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about them, please get in touch.