Add WordPress shortcode in template file
The shortcodes are special tag in WordPress that we can enter into content area like post or page that gets replaced with different content when viewing the post on the website.
When we deal with WordPress plugins, almost of them generate shortcode for us. Also we can generate our own shortcode for our custom functions & hacks. We can directly use these shortcodes in pages and posts.
But in some situations, we want to use these shortcodes in template files. In such cases, we can use a simple WordPress function,
do_shortcode in our theme files.
<?php echo do_shortcode('[your_shortcode]'); ?>
Try this simple WordPress function & make our theme as fully loaded.
- Action hooks that trigger on, before or after add, update or delete actions of option - WordPress
- Get all variations of a variable product - WooCommerce
- Generate random string - Python
- Split domain from an email address - Python
- Get upcoming N days - PHP
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about it, please get in touch.