Add WordPress shortcode in template file
The shortcodes are special tag in WordPress that we can enter into content area like post or page that gets replaced with different content when viewing the post on the website.
When we deal with WordPress plugins, almost of them generate shortcode for us. Also we can generate our own shortcode for our custom functions & hacks. We can directly use these shortcodes in pages and posts.
But in some situations, we want to use these shortcodes in template files. In such cases, we can use a simple WordPress function,
do_shortcode in our theme files.
<?php echo do_shortcode('[your_shortcode]'); ?>
Try this simple WordPress function & make our theme as fully loaded.
- Remove edit, view, trash and quick edit links within posts list of admin screen - WordPress
- PHP Errors not displaying or not logging - LAMP server - Solved
- Display all hooks sequentialy that run on a page - WordPress
- Get downloadable files of a downloadable product - WooCoomerce
- Add actions based on WooCoomerce order status
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about them, please get in touch.