Convert SQLAlchemy DB Model into entity relationship diagram using Python
Here is my
requirements.txt for the project.
greenlet==1.1.2 psycopg2-binary==2.9.3 pydot==1.4.2 pyparsing==3.0.7 SQLAlchemy==1.4.31 sqlalchemy-schemadisplay==1.3
graphviz package was not installed, we have to install it globally. Installing the
graphviz package as a project package does not work for me.
sudo apt install graphviz
Here is the Python script to generate diagrams.
from sqlalchemy_schemadisplay import create_schema_graph from sqlalchemy import MetaData graph = create_schema_graph(metadata=MetaData('postgresql://db_user_name:db_user_password@db_host_name/db_name')) graph.write_png('image_name.png')
- Solve "ValueError invalid literal for int() with base 10" - Python
- Handling dynamic subdomain with Flask - Python
- A minimal example about WordPress object cache
- Select random element from a list - Python
- Write our first Selenium program with Python 3 & Firefox
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about it, please get in touch.