Create a random post page in WordPress
Getiing some things in a random order is always interesting. So today we are going to make a random post page in WordPress.
The random post page means, when a user visit that page, he can see a random post from our WordPress blog. Then if he try to refresh that page again, an another random post is delivered to him.
If we have a good collection of blog posts, this random post page can offer a good reading experience for our visitors.
Any way, now we are going to make it happen with a small code snippet.
First we want to make a custom post template for our random post page in our child theme folder. In that page, add a simple WordPress loop to get random posts from our post collection.
<?php query_posts(array('orderby' => 'rand', 'showposts' => 5)); if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?> <h1><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h1> <?php the_content(); ?> <?php endwhile; endif; ?>
This query only display the titles of 5 random post in that page. But we can change the number of posts and add post content or excerpt with these random posts according to our intension.
- Redirect single pages of post type in to post type archive page - WordPress
- Get details about available image sizes - WordPress
- Change shipping and billing address title - WooCommerce
- Add phone number to the output of the addresses on the "My Account" page - WooCommerce
- Conditional tags for order thank you page - WooCommerce
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about them, please get in touch.