Display posts published one year ago - WordPress
If we have a large collection of posts, often there is a chance to ignored them by visitors because most of them only visits the freshest content.
In such situations, if we can creatively present our old posts, they help to keep our visitors to read few more posts from our blog.
The related posts, recent posts & random posts lists are consider as a effective methods in such situations.
Additional to these list, today we are going to display posts that were published over a year ago. This is a simple code snippet & we can insert it on our sidebar or
<?php $current_day = date('j'); $last_year = date('Y')-1; query_posts('day='.$current_day.'&year='.$last_year); if (have_posts()): while (have_posts()) : the_post(); the_title(); the_excerpt(); endwhile; endif; ?>
This code snippet is simple to understand the logic. First it store current day in
$current_day variable, then calculate the previous year by decrementing 1 from current year & store it in
At last it do a query to retrieve posts with day & year parameter with these variable. Then list post title & excerpt on pages.
- Redirect single pages of post type in to post type archive page - WordPress
- Get details about available image sizes - WordPress
- Change shipping and billing address title - WooCommerce
- Add phone number to the output of the addresses on the "My Account" page - WooCommerce
- Conditional tags for order thank you page - WooCommerce
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about them, please get in touch.