Display upcoming posts in WordPress
Some of us often schedule some post for upcoming days. This is more occurred in magazine style blogs.
If our clients have such a nature, we can create an upcoming posts list in there page or sidebar. This will make readers look forward to what they are going to publish in a few days and can help to get new RSS subscribers.
<div id="future_posts"> <div id="future_posts_header"><p>Future Posts</p></div> <?php query_posts('showposts=10&post_status=future'); ?> <?php if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?> <div > <p class><b><?php the_title(); ?></b><?php edit_post_link('e',' (',')'); ?><br /> <span class="datetime"><?php the_time('j. F Y'); ?></span></p> </div> <?php endwhile; else: ?><p>No future posts scheduled.</p><?php endif; ?> </div>
We just use WordPress
query_posts() function at here. In this code snippet, this function retrieve 10 posts with the post status
future. If this query can’t find any future posts, it return an error message.
- Redirect single pages of post type in to post type archive page - WordPress
- Get details about available image sizes - WordPress
- Change shipping and billing address title - WooCommerce
- Add phone number to the output of the addresses on the "My Account" page - WooCommerce
- Conditional tags for order thank you page - WooCommerce
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about them, please get in touch.