Empty WordPress trash before 30 days
In WordPress, when we delete posts, pages & comments, WordPress will keep all of these items in trash for next 30 days. Else we want to go to trash & permanently delete them.
After 30 days, WordPress will delete all trashed items. But if these items are unnecessary for 30 days, why we want to keep them in our database?
Now we are going to reduce these 30 days life time of trashed items using a single line of code.
Add the below line of code in
wp-config.php in our root folder.
define ('EMPTY_TRASH_DAYS', 7);
From now, WordPress will empty its trash items after 7 days.
If you like to completely disable trash in WordPress, we can choose zero days like below.
define ('EMPTY_TRASH_DAYS', 0);
- Action hooks that trigger on, before or after add, update or delete actions of option - WordPress
- Get all variations of a variable product - WooCommerce
- Generate random string - Python
- Split domain from an email address - Python
- Get upcoming N days - PHP
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about it, please get in touch.