Exclude posts from WordPress home page based on their category
There may be situations where we want to exclude posts from the WordPress home page based on their category.
To get this done, first we want to find template file for home page. Very often, it will be
index.php in our theme folder. Then find the below line of code on it.
<?php if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
Just replace this line with below code.
<?php query_posts('cat=-4'); ?> <?php if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
This will exclude posts in category number four from being displayed on the home page.
- Action hooks that trigger on, before or after add, update or delete actions of option - WordPress
- Get all variations of a variable product - WooCommerce
- Generate random string - Python
- Split domain from an email address - Python
- Get upcoming N days - PHP
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about it, please get in touch.