Exclude posts from WordPress home page based on their category
There may be situations where we want to exclude posts from the WordPress home page based on their category.
To get this done, first we want to find template file for home page. Very often, it will be
index.php in our theme folder. Then find the below line of code on it.
<?php if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
Just replace this line with below code.
<?php query_posts('cat=-4'); ?> <?php if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
This will exclude posts in category number four from being displayed on the home page.
- Redirect single pages of post type in to post type archive page - WordPress
- Get details about available image sizes - WordPress
- Change shipping and billing address title - WooCommerce
- Add phone number to the output of the addresses on the "My Account" page - WooCommerce
- Conditional tags for order thank you page - WooCommerce
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about them, please get in touch.