Get posts with custom field & specific value - WordPress
The custom field is an amazing option in WordPress blog engine. We can make hundreds of useful applications & tricks with custom field to improve functionality of WordPress.
Today we are going to use this custom field in a creative way. We try to output a list of posts with a specific custom field and specific value through a simple hack.
I already say that this is too simple. We just want to add some new parameters with loop used to query posts.
<?php query_posts('meta_key=review_type&meta_value=movie'); ?> <?php if (have_posts()) : ?> <?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
To get posts with a specific custom field and specific value, we use the
query_posts() function with the
meta_value parameters. The
meta_key value is the name of the desired custom field, and
meta_value is the desired value.
- Remove edit, view, trash and quick edit links within posts list of admin screen - WordPress
- PHP Errors not displaying or not logging - LAMP server - Solved
- Display all hooks sequentialy that run on a page - WordPress
- Get downloadable files of a downloadable product - WooCoomerce
- Add actions based on WooCoomerce order status
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about them, please get in touch.