Optimize Magento 1 Database by clean up log entries for better performance
To track each activity in Magento powered stores, Magento keep large amount of data on its database as log entries. Tracking activities always help us to improve sales. But the large database make our site as slow & it will suck.
So today, I’m going to clean my Magento database for a well optimized Magento store.
We have two option to remove log entries from Magento database.
Cleaning Logs via Magento Admin Panel
The Magento have built-in utility to clean up log files. But in default, it is disabled and most of us are unaware of it.
This is the easiest way for a non technical store owners who don’t want to play with the Magento store’s database.
To enable log cleaning utility, just follow below steps.
- Log in to our Magento Admin Panel.
- Go to System => Configuration.
- On the left under Advanced click on System. (Advanced => System)
- Under system, we can see “Log Cleaning” option.
- Fill the desired “Log Cleaning” option values and click Save.
Cleaning Logs via phpMyAdmin
If we are comfortable with database & tools like phpMyAdmin, we have one more option. We can use phpMyAdmin to empty tables that store log details.
The benefit of this method is it allow us to clean whatever we like. We can even clean tables which aren’t included in default Magento’s Log Cleaning tool.
But we want to care too much in such situations because we are going to play with our clients valuable datas. So always try to keep a copy of original database & then we can go further.
We just want to empty below tables from Magento database using phpMyAdmin.
dataflow_batch_export dataflow_batch_import log_customer log_quote log_summary log_summary_type log_url log_url_info log_visitor log_visitor_info log_visitor_online report_viewed_product_index report_compared_product_index report_event
Always remember that we are here to empty (Truncate) selected tables & not to drop them. Be very careful when we do this action.
Performing this cleaning on regular basis will definitely improve our Magento store’s performance and efficiency.
- Remove edit, view, trash and quick edit links within posts list of admin screen - WordPress
- PHP Errors not displaying or not logging - LAMP server - Solved
- Display all hooks sequentialy that run on a page - WordPress
- Get downloadable files of a downloadable product - WooCoomerce
- Add actions based on WooCoomerce order status
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about them, please get in touch.