Remove Plugin Stylesheets and Scripts - WordPress
When you plan to optimize your WordPress site, you can find that these additional file request have some impact on our page load. So if possible, I suggest to optimize these additional file requests.
When scripts and styles are added properly, they use the
wp_enqueue_script functions within the plugin files as such:
// Styles Format: wp_enqueue_style($handle, $src, $deps, $ver, $media); wp_register_style('pagination-style', plugins_url('style.css', __FILE__)); wp_enqueue_style('pagination-style'); // Script Format: wp_enqueue_script($handle, $src, $deps, $ver, $in_footer); wp_register_script('jquery', 'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js'); wp_enqueue_script('jquery');
Those handle names are incredibly important because in our theme’s
functions.php we have to add their counterpart calls of
// Remove from my page! wp_dequeue_style('pagination-style'); wp_dequeue_script('jquery');
To remove plugin style sheets and scripts, we have to dig into the plugin code to find their script and style handles. But at the end, it will be worth.
- Redirect single pages of post type in to post type archive page - WordPress
- Get details about available image sizes - WordPress
- Change shipping and billing address title - WooCommerce
- Add phone number to the output of the addresses on the "My Account" page - WooCommerce
- Conditional tags for order thank you page - WooCommerce
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about them, please get in touch.