Reset a branch to a specific tag in Git
I have branches named as master and develop. The initial state of master was tagged at
I have a few changes made to the develop branch and pushed to origin. Then accidentally merged develop into master and pushed to origin.
Now I need to revert master to the tag
git checkout master git reset --hard tag_ABC git push -f origin master
This will overwrite existing history in the upstream repo and may cause problems for other developers who have this repo checked out.
So other developers who have got master checked out will have to do the following:
git pull git reset --hard origin/master
- Solve "ValueError invalid literal for int() with base 10" - Python
- Handling dynamic subdomain with Flask - Python
- A minimal example about WordPress object cache
- Select random element from a list - Python
- Write our first Selenium program with Python 3 & Firefox
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about it, please get in touch.