User names for connecting to AWS EC2 instances via SSH
Recently, I got chance to work with various Linux distributions on Amazon AWS EC2 instances. When creating EC2 instance, normally we will select AMI & AWS done all other tasks.
It never ask for a user name. But when I start to communicate with my server via SSH, the user name is essential.
So here is a small list that show the official AMI SSH user name for various Linux distributions in AWS EC2.
|OS / Distro||User name|
|RHEL 6.4 and later||ec2-user|
|RHEL 6.3 and earlier||root|
Some AMIs are configured like when we start a SSH communication with
root will output a message informing us the correct user to use and then close the connection. For example,
$ ssh root@<my_ip> Please login as the user "ubuntu" rather than the user "root".
- Redirect single pages of post type in to post type archive page - WordPress
- Get details about available image sizes - WordPress
- Change shipping and billing address title - WooCommerce
- Add phone number to the output of the addresses on the "My Account" page - WooCommerce
- Conditional tags for order thank you page - WooCommerce
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about them, please get in touch.