The basics of WordPress post thumbnail
To dispaly post thumbnails in WordPress, we can use
In default, When we upload image, WordPress re size them in to different width and height & then upload these images in to upload folder. To access them, we want to add there default name as parameter in this
the_post_thumbnail('thumbnail'); // Thumbnail (default 150px x 150px max) the_post_thumbnail('medium'); // Medium resolution (default 300px x 300px max) the_post_thumbnail('large'); // Large resolution (default 640px x 640px max) the_post_thumbnail('full'); // Original image resolution (unmodified)
If we still like some other dimensions for our post thumbnail, we can use these dimension as function parameter.
the_post_thumbnail( array(200, 140) ); // 200px width & 140px height
Do you need any help on WordPress? I'm happy to help you.
- Get variation product data on selecting variation options - WooCommerce
- Add TinyMCE WYSIWYG (Rich text area) meta box - WordPress
- Reorder product tabs in single product page - WooCommerce
- Download webpage for offline reading - wget
- Remove product tabs in single product page - WooCommerce
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about them, please get in touch.