The Git & official Git book “Pro Git”
The Git is a open source Distributed Version Control System to track the history of a collection of files.
A version control system can track the changes in a collection of files and it have the functionality to revert the collection of files to another version. Each version captures a ‘snapshot’ of the files. The collection of files and their complete history are stored in a repository.
The Git is normally used to track source code of programs. Git originates from the Linux kernel development by Linus Torvalds and is used by many popular Open Source projects like Android, Eclipse projects etc. We can also use it for commercial application.
The Eclipse Foundation reported in its annual community survey that as of May 2013, more than 36% of professional software developers use Git as their primary source control system, compared with 27.6% in 2012 and 12.8% in 2011.
If you like to learn about Git, you can try Git on line.
- Remove edit, view, trash and quick edit links within posts list of admin screen - WordPress
- PHP Errors not displaying or not logging - LAMP server - Solved
- Display all hooks sequentialy that run on a page - WordPress
- Get downloadable files of a downloadable product - WooCoomerce
- Add actions based on WooCoomerce order status
Your Questions / Comments
If you found this article interesting, found errors, or just want to discuss about them, please get in touch.